The five day Mountain Leader Summer Assessment aims to assess the technical skills, judgements and areas of knowledge deemed necessary to ensure an individual is safe to lead groups around the mountains of the UK in summer conditions.
The purpose of the assessment is to make certain that all candidates for the Award have a sound understanding of both the environment in which they will operate and managing groups in general. The intention is to create an atmosphere whereby candidates can show their best in terms of personal abilities, knowledge and supervising skills.
In order to attend an assessment you must:
· have completed or had exemption from, the ML(S) training
· be familiar with the syllabus
· have logged a minimum of 40 Quality Mountain Days in three different regions of the UK and Ireland (ideally in your dLog)
· hold a current first aid certificate, minimum 16 hours and relevant to your work as a Mountain Leader
· have logged at least 8 nights camping, including at least 4 nights wild camping
Details: Mountain Training web site
Assessments are run periodically from March to October each year.
Full information and a booking form available from: email@example.com or telephone 01286 870 216, office hours, Monday to Thursday or enquire through the Mountain Training web site.
Monday 26th August 2017 to Friday 1st September 2017
Monday 2nd October 2017 to Friday 6th October 2017
Monday 28th October 2017 to Friday 3rd November 2017
£325 non-resident - £375 resident (full board)
(subject to minimum numbers being booked)